Sunday, December 26, 2010

God's Gift














I am playing catch up now posting my pictures that I took for families for the holidays. This family has been friends of ours for years. Our youngest boys were friends in preschool and through their friendship our families became friends. This was such a fun shoot. I was in their home and met their new dog, Buddy. Buddy is only 1 year old and we were fast friends (with puppy kisses and all) right up to the point that I pulled out my camera. I am still working to get back into his good graces.
As I left this photo shoot, I felt peace and happiness like no other. Their son several years ago had an unknown medical condition that reacted to some medication and his heart stopped (3 times actually) and through great medical teams (you can see his advertisements for WakeMed) and through the power of prayer, he is here today and doing wonderful. And I felt so blessed to be there that day in their home taking pictures of that family that I been down on my knees praying for and had my whole family (and their Sunday School class) thousands of miles away from here praying for. You realize that God has a plan for each of us and through Him, we do his work on earth. Each day is a gift and each child is a gift and every family/friend is a gift from God. This season I am so thankful for all the gifts that God has given me and I am thankful for this wonderful friendship and the joy to come into their home and photograph their family and share that time this holiday season with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment