Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What do you get a PawPaw for his birthday?


Do you struggle trying to find the perfect gift to give your dad for his birthday???? I knew what I wanted, but getting it is a whole other story. What better gift can a photographer give than a picture? But not just any portrait, one of all 5 of his grandkids..... did I mention that 2 of them are 2 year olds??? Yes, that adds a new element of challenge for a photographer. So I set out to photograph my 2 sons and my 3 nieces for my dad for his birthday gift. As I write this I laugh at a recent preview of the TV show, "19 Kids and Counting" that I just saw. One of the older girls was talking about what a challenge it was to get their family picture made. She said "the little ones are always doing something, looking away, picking their nose or crying........" After photographing just my 5, I am feeling really bad for that other photographer now. But I will tell you if we had a camera crew following me to do this shoot, you would have had you some entertaining reality TV. But that is what is totally awesome about still photography - it captures a moment in time without the ciaos and let's you feel however you want to feel when you look at it. So when you see this picture - yes these are the most well behaved 5 children in the world sitting on a fence in front of these huge, gorgeous moss filled trees right beside a golf course that overlooks the water in Charleston, SC. Now isn't that beautiful????? But really, I LOVE this picture - definitely one of my favorites - and a favorite of all the grandparents. Happy Birthday, PawPaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment